Monday, April 12, 2010

What I'm painting right now

right now -
I'm doing a study of Xu Beihong's "Slave and Lion"
The original painting was done in 1924
and it was auctioned by Christie's in Hong Kong at 53.9 million HK dollars (6.9 million U.S. dollars)
a record high price compared with other Chinese artists' paintings worldwide.

Here's the pic of the original painting
I saw this on a magazine and I just fell in love with it.
but what I do is I cut out the slave and only paint the lion and the cave w the colorful background.


honestly... I started this painting in 2007 and left it untouched for 2.5 years....
and now after fiddling with it for 20 hours ;p.... it's finally done :)
not perfect.... still a lot to learn....but it was a learning experience n I'm quite happy with the result

sometimes I love the colors on my rag paper towel


The pallette after washed and scraped ;p


anddd.........
I have my canvases all lined up for next projects
next is lion head
next is loose portrait of a lil girl
next is fun painting, becoz the canvas frame is dented and I just wanna have fun dabbing paints and playing with colors
can't wait for that one :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails