Monday, April 12, 2010

Tips when you're frustrated in painting

Since I'm still learning,
I find myself in a situation where I don't know how to paint this and that
"how do I do this ? do that ?"
"Ooopss !! "
"Nooo... what have I done ??!!!"
and sometimes it just got so frustrated when you have no one to turn to

So
this is what I do :
- I take time off
Go out, do whatever, have fun and not think about the painting
- I go to youtube looking for painting technique video
- I look other people's paintings that I love
(gallery, books, etc)
- I go to art forum , in this case www.wetcanvas.com

After a while, I started to reflect on what technique I can do to improve the painting
I'll be like, "hey.... this should work" and "ooo yeaa... I can do that to achieve that effect."

and at the end of day 1
Motivation is back and I'm ready to paint again :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails